[ClusterLabs Developers] RFC: Website updates

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Mar 30 03:38:57 EDT 2015

On 29/03/15 11:32 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> Would anyone like to comment on the changes at http://oss-uk-1.clusterlabs.org/ before I push them to the main site?
>
> Basically I'm beginning the process of de-emphasising pacemaker and concentrating more on the stack as a whole.
>
> If anyone would like to suggest changes, I can add you to https://github.com/beekhof/clusterlabs-www
> Alternatively if anyone would like to check there is nothing sensitive in there so I can make it public... that would also be awesome.

Some random notes:

> At its core, a cluster is a distributed finite state machine capable
of co-ordinating the startup and recovery of inter-related services
across a set of machines.

This should probably say "an HA cluster is a...", to not confuse with
HPC. Obviously, the site is "A Scalable High Availability cluster
resource manager", but I'd bet dollars to donuts that people will complain.

> The core ClusterLabs team is made up of full-time developers from
Australia, Austria, China, Czech Repulic, England, Germany and the USA.

Not sure if I count, given my work is still primarily cman + rgmanager
based. If the criteria for this list is open-source HA clusters in
general though, you can add Canada. :)

I've not read the other pages yet. So far though, I like.

--
Digimer
access to education?