[ClusterLabs] pacemaker-remote

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 17:10:13 EDT 2023

On Thu, 2023-09-14 at 18:28 +0800, Mr.R via Users wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In Pacemaker-Remote 2.1.6, the pacemaker package is required
> for guest nodes and not for remote nodes. Why is that? What does
> pacemaker do?
> After adding guest node, pacemaker package does not seem to be
> needed. Can I not install it here?

I'm not sure what's requiring it in your environment. There's no
dependency in the upstream RPM at least.

The pacemaker package does have the crm_master script needed by some
resource agents, so you will need it if you use any of those. (That
script should have been moved to the pacemaker-cli package in 2.1.3,
oops ...)

> After testing, remote nodes can be offline, but guest nodes cannot
>  be offline. Is there any way to get them offline? Are there
> relevant
> failure test cases?
>
> thanks,

To make a guest node offline, stop the resource that creates it.