[ClusterLabs] Limit the number of resources starting/stoping in parallel possible?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it
Mon Sep 18 10:31:19 EDT 2023

On Monday 18 September 2023 at 16:24:02, Knauf Steffen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have multiple Cluster (2 node + quorum setup) with more then 100
> Resources ( 10 x VIP + 90 Microservices) per Node. If the Resources are
> stopped/started at the same time the Server is under heavy load, which may
> result into timeouts and an unresponsive server. We configured some
> Ordering Constraints (VIP --> Microservice). Is there a way to limit the
> number of resources starting/stoping in parallel? Perhaps you have some
> other tips to handle such a situation.

Do all the services actually need to be stopped when a VIP is moved away from
a node (and started again when the VIP is replaced)?

I've found that in many cases keeping a service running all the time (for
example with monit) and simply moving the VIP between nodes to control which
services get any requests from remote clients is sufficient to provide High
Availability / Load Balancing.

Antony.

--
"The future is already here.   It's just not evenly distributed yet."

 - William Gibson

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.