[ClusterLabs] MySQL cluster with auto failover

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it
Wed Sep 6 04:37:12 EDT 2023

On Tuesday 05 September 2023 at 22:20:36, Damiano Giuliani wrote:

> Hi guys, I'm about to figure out how setup a pacemaker cluster for MySQL
> replication.

Why do you need pacemaker?

Why not just set up several machines and configure Galera to handle DB
replication between them?

If you install MariaDB instead of MySQL it's directly compatible and Galera is
included.

Depending on your distribution you may find that MariaDB is actually what you
get even when you ask for MySQL (eg: Debian).

I don't see the need for pacemaker here.

Antony.

--
"Have you been drinking brake fluid again?  I think you're addicted to the
stuff."

"No, no, it's alright - I can stop any time I want to."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.