[ClusterLabs] Unable to add a node to an existing cluster

Bartosz Kaczyński bkaczynski at posteo.net
Wed Aug 9 00:31:09 EDT 2023

On 09.08.23 00:18, Xin Liang via Users wrote:
> Hi Bartk,

Hi Jin,

> What's the version of crmsh you are using?

4.5.0

> Could you please provide your corosync.conf on these 2 nodes after you
> meed this error?
>
> And, if you run "crm cluster init -u -s <device1> -s <device2> -s
> <device3>" on node01, crmsh will just pick up ONE interface and write it
> into corosync.conf, while I see there are TWO rings in
> https://paste.opensuse.org/pastes/254c28adf1c5
> <https://paste.opensuse.org/pastes/254c28adf1c5>, which was very weird

Yes, that was part of the demonstration during the mentioned course. The
cluster was initialized with one ring, and then the second one was added
during the editing of the corosync.conf configuration file. That's why
when joining node02, I was asked to provide the addresses of two interfaces.

Just as I mentioned earlier, the reason for the inability to add node02
to the cluster was the firewall and the blocking of UDP port 5405 for
the corosync service. Thank you for your message and interest.

Regards,
bartk