[ClusterLabs] Sub-clusters / super-clusters?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 06:56:01 EDT 2021

Here is the example I had promised:
pcs node attribute server1 city=LApcs node attribute server2 city=NY
# Don't run on any node that is not in LApcs constraint location DummyRes1 rule score=-INFINITY city ne LA

#Don't run on any node that is not in NYpcs constraint location DummyRes2 rule score=-INFINITY city ne NY
The idea is that if you add a node and you forget to specify the attribute with the name 'city' , DummyRes1 & DummyRes2 won't be started on it.

For resources that do not have a constraint based on the city -> they will run everywhere unless you specify a colocation constraint between the resources.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 17:53, Antony Stone<Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it> wrote:   On Monday 10 May 2021 at 16:49:07, Strahil Nikolov wrote:

> You can use  node attributes to define in which  city is each host and then
> use a location constraint to control in which city to run/not run the
> resources. I will try to provide an example tomorrow.

Thank you - that would be helpful.

I did think that a location constraint could be a way to do this, but I wasn't
sure how to label three machines in one cluster as a "single location".

Any pointers most welcome :)

--
90% of networking problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.

                                                  Please reply to the list;
                                                        please *don't* CC me.