[ClusterLabs] fencing

Kyle O'Donnell kyleo at 0b10.mx
Fri May 7 06:36:29 EDT 2021

Hi Everyone.

We've setup fencing with our ilo/idrac interfaces and things generally work well but during some of our failover scenario testing we ran into issues when we "failed' the switches in which those ilo/idrac interfaces were connected. The issue was that resources were migrated away from any node with an offline fencing device. I can see how that is desirable, but in our case this is essentially a single point of failure. How are others managing this?

In one of our sites we have "smart" APC power strips so we can setup multiple fencing devices, but in another site we do not. I tried increasing the timeout= value on the fencing devices but that did not seem to work.

Thanks,
Kyle