[ClusterLabs] Configuring millisecond timestamps in pacemaker.log.

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 15:07:11 EST 2021

It doesn't look like it to me, but that would be a cool feature. Corosync
now implements the %T (milliseconds) time spec from libqb if it's available
in the provided libqb version. Pacemaker uses %t (seconds).
  -
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/libqb/blob/v2.0.2/lib/log_format.c#L396-L417
  -
https://github.com/corosync/corosync/blob/v3.1.0/exec/logconfig.c#L202-L227
  -
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/Pacemaker-2.0.5/lib/common/logging.c#L147-L151

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 11:12 AM Gerry R Sommerville <gerry at ca.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to configure high resolution timestamps
> (including milliseconds) in the pacemaker.log? I was able to get hi-res
> timestamps in the corosync.log by adding 'timestamp: hires' under the
> logging directive in corosync.conf. I was hoping Pacemaker has something
> similar but I don't see anything in '/etc/sysconfig/pacemaker' or the
> Pacemaker documentation regarding hi-res timestamps.
>
> Gerry Sommerville
> Db2 Development, pureScale Domain
> E-mail: gerry at ca.ibm.com

Reid Wahl, RHCA
Senior Software Maintenance Engineer, Red Hat
CEE - Platform Support Delivery - ClusterHA