[Pacemaker] Linux HA setup for CentOS 6.5

Sihan Goi goister at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 04:27:46 EDT 2014

Hi,

So I've decided to make things simpler and go with a wired network instead
of wireless. I connected both boxes to a router, manually edited the
ifcfg-eth0 files to set static IP addresses for both boxes (not before
downloading and building a driver for the nic of 1 of the boxes), did a
"chkconfig NetworkManager off", "service NetworkManager stop", and "service
network restart".

I'm able to ping each other via IP address and hostname. I also already
have corosync, pacemaker, crmsh and cman installed.

I then did the following as per the guide at
http://geekpeek.net/linux-cluster-corosync-pacemaker

service corosync start - success.
service pacemaker start - I get a "Starting cman...corosync cluster engine
is already running [FAILED]"

What's up? :(