[Pacemaker] Up-To-Date How To (Not Jaking "Clusters on Virtualized Platforms")

Nick Cameo symack at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 17:33:14 EDT 2014

On 7/18/14, Ken Gaillot <kjgaillo at gleim.com> wrote:
> On 07/17/2014 02:01 PM, Nick Cameo wrote:
>> For the sake of not hijacking a previous post. I am reaching out to the
>> community
>> for an up-to-date Pacemaker, OpenAIS, DRBD, GFS2/OCFS tutorial. We went
>> down this avenue before and got everything working however, at the time
>> controldlm and o2cb related "stuff" was partially taken care of by cman.
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> Our setup isn't exactly what you're looking for, but we have a cluster
> using Debian+Pacemaker+Corosync+DRBD+CLVM to share storage between two
> Xen dom0s. It manages DLM itself so this configuration excerpt might be
> helpful.
>
> I'm omitting the CLVM and volume group resource config since you're not
> interested in that, but I'm guessing your GFS2/OCFS resources would take
> their place here.
>
> # The Distributed Lock Manager is needed by CLVM and corosync.
> primitive dlm ocf:pacemaker:controld \
>          op monitor interval="120" timeout="30" \
>          op start interval="0" timeout="90" \
>          op stop interval="0" timeout="100"
>
> # Put DLM, CLVM and the volume group into a cloned group,
> # so they are started and stopped together, in proper order.
> group cluster-storage-group dlm clvm vg1
> clone cluster-storage-clone cluster-storage-group \
>          meta globally-unique="false" interleave="true"
>
> # DRBD cannot be in cluster-storage-group because it is already a
> master-slave clone,
> # so instead group and order it using colocation.
> colocation colo-drbd-lock inf: cluster-storage-clone ms-drbd-clvm:Master
> order ord-drbd-lock inf: ms-drbd-clvm:promote cluster-storage-clone:start
>
> -- Ken Gaillot <kjgaillo at gleim.com>
> Network Operations Center, Gleim Publications

Hey Ken,

That's amazing I really appreciate that. I actually have a full
configuration that I can
share with the list that worked best for me. You reminded me... The
examples were
partials and had to fill in a lot of blanks to get the timing right etc...

I do have a stable CRM/OCF config that I will post on here from our
old cluster. Just
waiting on building the next one from scratch an making sure the
config still plays nice
before doing so.

Cheers,

Nick