[Pacemaker] Up-To-Date How To (Not Jaking "Clusters on Virtualized Platforms")

Ken Gaillot kjgaillo at gleim.com
Fri Jul 18 17:27:45 EDT 2014

On 07/17/2014 02:01 PM, Nick Cameo wrote:
> For the sake of not hijacking a previous post. I am reaching out to the
> community
> for an up-to-date Pacemaker, OpenAIS, DRBD, GFS2/OCFS tutorial. We went
> down this avenue before and got everything working however, at the time
> controldlm and o2cb related "stuff" was partially taken care of by cman.

Hi Nick,

Our setup isn't exactly what you're looking for, but we have a cluster
using Debian+Pacemaker+Corosync+DRBD+CLVM to share storage between two
Xen dom0s. It manages DLM itself so this configuration excerpt might be
helpful.

I'm omitting the CLVM and volume group resource config since you're not
interested in that, but I'm guessing your GFS2/OCFS resources would take
their place here.

# The Distributed Lock Manager is needed by CLVM and corosync.
primitive dlm ocf:pacemaker:controld \
         op monitor interval="120" timeout="30" \
         op start interval="0" timeout="90" \
         op stop interval="0" timeout="100"

# Put DLM, CLVM and the volume group into a cloned group,
# so they are started and stopped together, in proper order.
group cluster-storage-group dlm clvm vg1
clone cluster-storage-clone cluster-storage-group \
         meta globally-unique="false" interleave="true"

# DRBD cannot be in cluster-storage-group because it is already a
master-slave clone,
# so instead group and order it using colocation.
colocation colo-drbd-lock inf: cluster-storage-clone ms-drbd-clvm:Master
order ord-drbd-lock inf: ms-drbd-clvm:promote cluster-storage-clone:start

-- Ken Gaillot <kjgaillo at gleim.com>
Network Operations Center, Gleim Publications