[Pacemaker] Fencing of bare-metal remote nodes

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Fri Dec 19 14:29:24 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----
> 25.11.2014 23:41, David Vossel wrote:

yes, this needs to happen at some point.

Right now the shutdown method for a remote-node is to disable the connection
resource and wait for all the resources to stop before killing pacemaker_remoted
on the remote node. That isn't exactly ideal.

> Also, from what I see now it would be natural to hide current
> implementation of remote node configuration under <node/> syntax. Now
> remote nodes do have almost all features of normal nodes, including node
> attributes. What do you think about it?

ha, well. yes. at this point that might make sense. I had originally never
planned on remote-nodes entering the actual <nodes> section, but eventually
that changed. I'd like for usage of remote nodes to mature a bit before I
commit to changing something like this though. I'm still a bit uncertain how
people are going to use baremetal remote nodes. The use cases people come
up with keep surprising me.  Keeping the remote node definition as a resource
gives us a bit more flexibility for configuration.

-- Vossel