[Pacemaker] Solving a resource allocation problem

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Thu Sep 19 05:08:02 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-19T10:20:07, Andreas Mock <andreas.mock at web.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need a hint how to solve a resource allocation problem
> on a two node cluster (pmck 1.1.11).
>
> I have two resource blocks (some stacked resources colocation inf)
> which shall run on seperate nodes. I did this with a small negativ
> colocation constraint. This works so far.
>
> But now I want to achieve the following. When one node is
> brought down all resources are moved correctly. But when I
> bring that node up again, than all resources which where
> on that node are pushed back because of that negative colocation.
>
> I would like the cluster to leave the resources on that one node
> and manually migrate (rebalance) the resources avoiding another
> interrupt of service.

Right, so your anti-colocation constraint is not actually a hard
requirement, you want it to be optional - scatter resources if possible,
but don't restart resources for it.

You can do this using the utilization feature,
placement-strategy="balanced" and resource-stickiness=inf.

Or am I missing something still?

Regards,
    Lars

--