[Pacemaker] Solving a resource allocation problem

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Thu Sep 19 04:20:07 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I need a hint how to solve a resource allocation problem
on a two node cluster (pmck 1.1.11).

I have two resource blocks (some stacked resources colocation inf)
which shall run on seperate nodes. I did this with a small negativ
colocation constraint. This works so far.

But now I want to achieve the following. When one node is
brought down all resources are moved correctly. But when I
bring that node up again, than all resources which where
on that node are pushed back because of that negative colocation.

I would like the cluster to leave the resources on that one node
and manually migrate (rebalance) the resources avoiding another
interrupt of service.

I thought that resource stickyness is the right feature for that.
But as the resource blocks are a little complicated resource
calculation is not straight forward.

How can I solve that problem?
Is resource stickyness applied even in a case where the
node is brought down manually?

(The interested readers now know why I want to simulate this issue.)

Best regards
Andreas Mock