[Pacemaker] Confused at the state of Linux Clustering..

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Sep 16 15:09:52 EDT 2013

On 16/09/13 11:40, Errol Neal wrote:
> On Mon, 09/16/2013 02:13 PM, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:
>> On 16/09/13 11:01, Errol Neal wrote:
>>> Hi. I'm trying to figure out EXACTLY what the process is for getting a cluster working on Ubuntu Raring.
>>> Most of the clusters I implemented required dlm-controld.pcmk, but I don't see this being shipped anymore in most distributions.
>>> I've tried to document a how-to for CentOS  on my blog at ha-guru.com, but its been broken by recent updates in pacemaker and incompatibilities so I'd like to update it for a hassle free implementation on say Ubuntu.
>>> The challenge is I'm really confused as to when and why I need CMAN and I'm trying to think about things like learning curve for adapting to the the "new" method for Linux-HA and etc.
>>>

>> I can't offer much more advice unless I get a better idea of what kind
>> of cluster you are building.
>>

> I do plan on  using clustered lvm.. I guess this means I should just go ahead and compile dlm-controld.pcmk..

Yup! Remember to change 'locking_type' to '3'. If you're not using LVM
under the cluster, and I strongly recommend this, then also set
'fallback_to_local_locking' to '0'. This way, if the node is out of the
cluster, it will not try to access the clustered LVM at all.

digimer

PS - Please keep replies on the list, it helps others being able to find
this in the archives later.

--
Digimer
access to education?