[Pacemaker] CMAN nodes online

Florian Crouzat gentoo at floriancrouzat.net
Mon Sep 16 11:41:28 EDT 2013

Le 16/09/2013 17:30, Gopalakrishnan N a écrit :
> Hey Guys,
>
> The OS am running is CentOS 6.4 (64bit) and I have disabled IPtables and
> SeLinux.
>
> My goal is to make Apache Tomcat as HA. As a first step thought of
> testing with Apache.
>
> My network setup is like this,
> Node1 is connected to switch
> Note2 is connected to switch.
>
> My cluster.conf file is as follows,
> [root at test01 ~]# cat /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <cluster config_version="1" name="mycluster1">
>    <logging debug="off"/>
>    <clusternodes>
>      <clusternode name="test01" nodeid="1">
>        <fence>
>          <method name="pcmk-redirect">
>            <device name="pcmk" port="test01"/>
>          </method>
>        </fence>
>      </clusternode>
>      <clusternode name="test02" nodeid="2">
>        <fence>
>          <method name="pcmk-redirect">
>            <device name="pcmk" port="test02"/>
>          </method>
>        </fence>
>      </clusternode>
>    </clusternodes>
>    <fencedevices>
>      <fencedevice name="pcmk" agent="fence_pcmk"/>
>    </fencedevices>
> </cluster>
>

> And @some point of time am able to see both nodes are registered,
> [root at test01 ~]# cman_tool nodes
> Node  Sts   Inc   Joined               Name
>     1   M    104   2013-09-17 02:01:11  test01
>     2   M    108   2013-09-17 02:15:07  test02
>
> And @sometimes with crm_mon -1, I get the following
>
> [root at test01 ~]# crm_mon -1
> Last updated: Tue Sep 17 02:47:27 2013
> Last change: Tue Sep 17 00:42:43 2013 via crmd on test01
> Stack: cman
> Current DC: NONE
> 4 Nodes configured, 2 expected votes
> 0 Resources configured.
>

> Node test01: UNCLEAN (offline)
> Node test01.iopextech.com <http://test01.iopextech.com>: UNCLEAN (offline)
> Node test02: UNCLEAN (offline)
> Node test02.iopextech.com <http://test02.iopextech.com>: UNCLEAN (offline)
>
> Thanks.

Ok, if you are still unhappy with CMAN check your switch for multicast.

 From there, I assume you are happy with cman otherwise there are no
reasons to start pacemaker, but you did, so you get my point ;)

This kind of errors often indicates that your /etc/hosts or DNS is wrong
and pacemaker has a hard time to map hostnames and IPs, etc (not sure
about the internals there...)
Get rid of the invalid nodes by editing the configuration; stop
pacemaker; fix your resolutions and retry.

In the entire process, I usually use FQDN in my cluster.conf file, and I
add them and the corresponding ring IP in my /etc/hosts file on all
nodes. I also use the same FQDN in my pacemaker configuration.

Cheers