[Pacemaker] CMAN nodes online

Florian Crouzat gentoo at floriancrouzat.net
Mon Sep 16 08:40:35 EDT 2013

Le 16/09/2013 14:18, Gopalakrishnan N a écrit :
> Do I need to have a cross over cable between each node? Is it mandatory?

Nop it doesn't.
In your case, I'd check the network architecture and/or firewalling
regarding multicast. You probably either have wrong iptables and/or a
switch dropping your multicast corosync ring(s).

Also, please, as Andreas said: try to communicate with us in a more
efficient way: more context, more informations and more output (pasted
somewhere).

We are happy to help people, but we don't have to waste our time trying
to understand what these exact people doesn't tell us because they are lazy.

ps: also use 'corosync-objctl' ; it's a good command to debug rings and
configurations.

Cheers,
Florian.

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Gopalakrishnan N
> <gopalakrishnan.an at gmail.com <mailto:gopalakrishnan.an at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Again the when i restarted the pacemaker and cman not the nodes are
>     not in online, back to square 1.
>
>     node1 shows only node1 online, and node2 says node2 online. I don't
>     know what's happening in the background...
>
>     Any advice would be appreciated..
>
>     Thanks.
>

>     On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Gopalakrishnan N
>     <gopalakrishnan.an at gmail.com <mailto:gopalakrishnan.an at gmail.com>>
>     wrote:
>
>         Hi guys,
>
>         I got it, basically it tool some time to propogate and now two
>         nodes are showing online...
>
>         Thanks.
>

>         On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Gopalakrishnan N
>         <gopalakrishnan.an at gmail.com
>         <mailto:gopalakrishnan.an at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>             I have configured CMAN as per the link
>             http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html-single/Clusters_from_Scratch/index.html#_configuring_cman but
>             when I type cman_tools nodes only one node is online even
>             thought the cluster.conf is propogated in other node as well.
>
>             what could be the reason, in node1, cman_tool nodes shows
>             only node1 online, in node2 it shows only node2 is online.
>             How to make two nodes as online, even thought CMAN service
>             is running in both nodes.
>
>             Thanks in advance.
>
>             Regards,
>             Gopal