[Pacemaker] cib connection error

Халезов Иван i.khalezov at rts.ru
Mon Sep 23 12:09:25 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I use pacemaker 1.1.9 with corosync 2.3 both built from source.
My OS is CentOS 6.4 x86_64

I have about 30 resources of one type managed by my own resource agent.
It is nesessary for the resource agent to know utilization parameter of
the configured resource. I query for this parameter by crm_resource
utility in the start function of the RA. After I had implemented this
feature, I got a lot of error's in my logs:

Sep 23 19:19:47 iblade5 lrmd[7492]:   notice: operation_finished:
RESOURCE_start_0:8445:stderr [ Could not establish cib_rw connection:
Resource temporarily unavailable (11) ]
Sep 23 19:19:47 iblade5 lrmd[7492]:   notice: operation_finished:
RESOURCE_start_0:8445:stderr [ Error signing on to the CIB service:
Transport endpoint is not connected ]

So, only few resources (about 4 or 5), every time different, start
correctly (crm_resource correctly returns the needed value during start
action). And all other resources fail to start.

I think there is a problem when many (20-30) resources start at the same
time, and there are 20-30 queries to CIB from the resource agents

How can I correct this ?

Thank you in advance,
Ivan Khalezov