[Pacemaker] Resources not configured in CIB

FDS | Forensik Data Services office at fds.at
Sun Sep 22 12:35:04 EDT 2013

Hi there,

Analyzing a CIB configuration for getting more experience for own projects I did not find resources definition for the used ocfs2 file system. I do know from the cluster specs that the cluster was using  a drbd block device (primary/primary) via iSCSI and the file sytsem is OCFS2. The block device is exported to two application servers using virtuell machines (xen).

Studying the docs it seems to me the cluster was configured  by exporting the block device via iSCSI. app servers mounted the drbd device with file system ocfs2. As I do understand everything within the cluster should be managed by pacemaker. As it seems in this case ocfs2 is not managed. Still I was told the so configured cluster did work earlier. Ist this bad practice? What are the drawbacks of this setup? Any examples for including OCFS2 resources into CIB properly?
-- Thanks in advance for any helpful answer