[Pacemaker] nfs running on two nodes w/ drbd corosync pacemaker on CentOS6.2

Anton Altaparmakov aia21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 29 04:15:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 28 May 2012, at 23:46, Steven Silk wrote:
> I am trying to setup a two node system making NFS highly available....
> We have run this in the past with heartbeat and drbd.  Now we would like to use pacemaker and corosync.  I have been told not to use lvm, and this must be in a unicast environment.
>
> Is there anything obviously wrong with this plan?  I have stumbled around and gotten the preliminaries set up and working, but when I start configuring the primitives in crm I get tons of errors.

Nothing wrong with this plan at all.  We have three systems like that running here in production without any problems.  Though ours are more complicated as each of our clusters is made up of three nodes so that quorum works.

Just as an example here is our crm configuration which works without any errors (cerberus and minotaur are the two storage containing nodes and qs2 is the quorum node which cannot run any of the resources - you can obviously ignore a lot of our configuration because you only have two nodes):

node cerberus \
        attributes standby="off"
node minotaur \
        attributes standby="off"
node qs2 \
        attributes standby="off"
primitive res_drbd ocf:linbit:drbd \
        params drbd_resource="vmstore"
primitive res_filesystem ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
        params fstype="xfs" device="/dev/drbd0" directory="/vmstore" options="noatime,barrier,largeio,logbufs=8,logbsize=256k,swalloc" \
        meta target-role="Started"
primitive res_ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
        params ip="172.28.208.50" cidr_netmask="24" broadcast="172.28.208.255"
primitive res_nfs_server lsb:nfs-kernel-server
group group_vmstore res_filesystem res_nfs_server res_ip
ms ms_drbd res_drbd \
        meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" notify="true" globally_unique="false"
location loc_drbd_cerberus ms_drbd 0: cerberus
location loc_drbd_minotaur ms_drbd 0: minotaur
location loc_vmstore_cerberus group_vmstore 0: cerberus
location loc_vmstore_minotaur group_vmstore 0: minotaur
colocation col_vmstore inf: group_vmstore ms_drbd:Master
order order_vmstore inf: ms_drbd:promote group_vmstore:start
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
        expected-quorum-votes="3" \
        stonith-enabled="false" \
        symmetric-cluster="false" \
        pe-warn-series-max="100" \
        default-action-timeout="10" \
        pe-input-series-max="100" \
        dc-version="1.0.8-042548a451fce8400660f6031f4da6f0223dd5dd" \
        pe-error-series-max="100" \
        cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
        last-lrm-refresh="1290511853" \
        default-resource-stickiness="1000"