[Pacemaker] Tomcat and "unmanaged failed"

Stallmann, Andreas AStallmann at CONET.DE
Tue May 29 10:14:15 EDT 2012

Hi there,

we have here a corosync/pacemaker cluster running tomcat. Sometimes our application running inside tomcat fails and tomcat dies.

This – for some reason I don’t understand – leads to an “unmanaged failed” state for tomcat diplayed in crm_mon. This would not been to bad, but at this point the cluster “decides” not to failover the resource to the second node.

My questions:

1.       Is this a standard behaviour? Should a failover stop (or not take place at all), if a resource runs into an unmanaged failed state?

2.       What conditions have to apply, before a resource is called “unmanaged failed”?

3.       Is there any way of an “automatic recover” of a resource that ran into an “unmanaged failed” state?

Cheers,

Andreas
--
CONET Solutions GmbH
Andreas Stallmann,

CONET Solutions GmbH, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19, 53773 Hennef.
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Siegburg (HRB Nr. 9136)
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Anke Höfer