[Pacemaker] 2 Node Cluster: some principal questions

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Thu Mar 22 12:42:32 EDT 2012

On 03/22/2012 04:47 PM, Lentes, Bernd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the quick response. So the data is not destroyed if two
> identicals VM's access the LV simultaneouslay ? I thought it would be. I
> will have stonith too.
> What is about live migration ? Is it possible with my setup ?

Well, if you want live migration you must _not_ use an "exclusive" vg
but allow both nodes to access it simultaneously.

It is also possible to balance the VMs across the nodes.

The most important part in your setup regarding data protection is a
working STONITH setup ... and a correctly configured clvm setup will not
allow a node to activate a vg and its lvs without consensus about the
cluster state and it coordinates changes to the metadata but it does not
coordinate concurrent access to the data.

That is within the responsibility of Pacemaker to start VMs only on one
node ... and Pacemaker relies on STONITH to be certain about node states.

Regards,
Andreas

--
Need help with Pacemaker?