[Pacemaker] offtopic scalable block-device

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Fri Mar 16 11:55:08 EDT 2012

On 2012-03-16T13:36:34, Florian Haas <florian at hastexo.com> wrote:

> > Would this not be more readily served by a simple while loop doing the
> > monitoring, even if systemd/upstart aren't around? Pacemaker is kind of
> > a heavy-weight here.
> If you prefer to suggest a self-hacked while loop to your customers
> I'm not stopping you.

I didn't say "self-hacked", this could be a wrapper officially included.
It just seems that pacemaker+corosync+... is overkill for watching the
health of a single service on one node.

(And no, I think I wouldn't want to run pacemaker on my OSD cluster,
because that doesn't scale.)

And, anyway, at this point in time, I'd tell my customers to skip
ceph/RADOS for the next 6-12 months still, but to contact us off-list if
they're interested in PoCs ;-)

Regards,
    Lars

--