[Pacemaker] offtopic scalable block-device

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri Mar 16 08:40:24 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM, ruslan usifov <ruslan.usifov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Luster looks very cool and stability, but it doesn't provide scalable block
> device (Ceph allow it throw RDB), require patched kernel (i doesn't find
> more modern patched kernels for ubuntu lucid), so i think that it doesn't
> acceptable for my use case

Warning, pet peeve here. Everybody, it's RBD. OK? RBD. Not totally
unlike in naming to DRBD. Although they're completely different, the
one thing they do share is that they're block devices, not databases.

End of pet peeve. Thanks for putting up with me. :)

Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?
http://www.hastexo.com/now