[Pacemaker] getting started - crm hangs when adding resources, even "crm ra classes" hangs

Phillip Frost phil at macprofessionals.com
Wed Mar 14 09:37:32 EDT 2012

On Mar 14, 2012, at 9:25 AM, Florian Haas wrote:

>> Do you have upstart at all? In that case, the debian package
>> shouldn't have the upstart enabled when building cluster-glue.
>
> The current cluster-glue package in squeeze-backports,
> cluster-glue_1.0.9+hg2665-1~bpo60+2, has upstart disabled.
> Double-check that you're running that version. If you do, and the
> issue persists, please let us know.

Indeed, that's the version that hit the repo last night when I decided to quit. This morning, I tried that version and concluded I was experiencing the same issue. Concurrently, I was building glib from the squeeze source packages but with the glib patch from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/cluster-glue/+bug/821732 applied. I thought that fixed my problem. Now I'm not so sure I wasn't confused on which glib and cluster-glue I was using at the time. My debian-package-fu is not good enough to know how to test if my custom build of glib, or the glib from the squeeze repository is installed, and that's making it difficult to draw clear conclusions.

Whatever state I'm in, things seem better. I'm not experiencing deadlocks, nodes are properly joining the cluster, I was able to add a resource, and I'm not leaking sockets. I did have one node refuse to stop pacemakerd, and begin spewing "[TOTEM ] Retransmit List: 8c" to syslog. However, after SIGKILLing lrmd, pacemakerd and the init.d script terminated and I've since been unable to reproduce.