[Pacemaker] unbound resource agent

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 14 09:24:10 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 01:37:39PM +0100, Benjamin Kiessling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written a resource agent for the unbound DNS server, based on the
> named resource agent. It is available at [0]. Unfortunately there seems
> to be a bug I can't figure out. The failcounters seem to increase over
> the course of several days until pacemaker refuses to start the resource
> anywhere. crm status spits out the following error messages:
>
> dnsCache_start_0 (node=router1, call=56, rc=-2, status=Timed Out): unknown exec error
> dnsCache_monitor_1000 (node=router2, call=24, rc=1, status=complete): unknown error
> dnsCache_start_0 (node=router2, call=81, rc=-2, status=Timed Out): unknown exec error

These operations timed out, i.e. didn't finish in the given time
frame which is by default 20 seconds.

> (my cluster consists of router1 and router2). I can't find anything of
> use in the logs except pacemaker's resource starting notification. My
> configuration looks like this:
>
> primitive dnsCache ocf:heartbeat:unbound \
> 	op monitor interval="1s" timeout="10s" start-delay="10s" \

This is very aggressive and the timeout is too short.

> 	meta target-role="Started" is-managed="true"
>
> Initially I suspected that the monitoring starts before unbound is fully
> up, hence the start-delay but that is obviously not the case.

start-delay is of no benefit if the start action makes sure that
the instance is operational (which it should do).

> Any ideas?

There's an excellent RA implementation guide at linux-ha.org (NB:
didn't take a look at your RA).

Cheers,