[Pacemaker] unbound resource agent

Benjamin Kiessling mittagessen at l.unchti.me
Wed Mar 14 08:37:39 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've written a resource agent for the unbound DNS server, based on the
named resource agent. It is available at [0]. Unfortunately there seems
to be a bug I can't figure out. The failcounters seem to increase over
the course of several days until pacemaker refuses to start the resource
anywhere. crm status spits out the following error messages:

dnsCache_start_0 (node=router1, call=56, rc=-2, status=Timed Out): unknown exec error
dnsCache_monitor_1000 (node=router2, call=24, rc=1, status=complete): unknown error
dnsCache_start_0 (node=router2, call=81, rc=-2, status=Timed Out): unknown exec error

(my cluster consists of router1 and router2). I can't find anything of
use in the logs except pacemaker's resource starting notification. My
configuration looks like this:

primitive dnsCache ocf:heartbeat:unbound \
	op monitor interval="1s" timeout="10s" start-delay="10s" \
	meta target-role="Started" is-managed="true"

Initially I suspected that the monitoring starts before unbound is fully
up, hence the start-delay but that is obviously not the case.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Ben

[0] http://l.unchti.me/dump/unbound