[Pacemaker] prevent the resource's start if it has "stop NG" history on the other node

Junko IKEDA tsukishima.ha at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 01:31:53 EDT 2012

Hi,

I tried the latest code and the following commit worked well for our case, too.
It means "unmanaged, stop failed resource" prevents Pacemaker's
shutdown, great :)
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/commit/8d2f237dc5f900381adf62a6e949ec71d1ee54e5

but, I got the other case, it's "Master/Slave" configuration.

1) initial status;
node-a = Master
node-b = Slave

2) node-a -> shutdown Pacemaker
3) node-a -> failed to stop Master while the shutdown process

4) final status;
node-a = unmanaged "Slave"
node-b = Master

In this case, "demote" operation goes well, so it makes sense to
promote node-b as Master.
I think drbd RA can handle this situation,
but pgsql RA (replication mode) will go into the unexpected dual master...
this can be related to the following issue.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/pacemaker/78644
I'll ask pgsql people this again for now.

Many thanks,
Junko