[Pacemaker] prevent the resource's start if it has "stop NG" history on the other node

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Tue Mar 6 04:59:33 EST 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Junko IKEDA <tsukishima.ha at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Actually, it's desirable to "prevent Pacemaker shutdown" if there are
>>> unmanaged resource,
>>
>> What about unmanaged /and/ failed?
>
> To be more specific, if there remains the resource which failed to
> stop operation and went to the unmanaged status with its
> on-fail="block" configuration,
> it would be better to prevent Pacemaker from its shutdown.

I tend to agree.
What I'm working on at the moment is correctly marking dependant
actions as unrunnable and providing some reasonable feedback to users
when the situation occurs.

So from (one of) your examples, pe-input-3.bz2 now emits:

 warning: stage8: 	Cannot shut down node 'bl460g6a' because of
dummy02: unmanaged, failed
 warning: stage8: 	Cannot shut down node 'bl460g6a' because of dummy01: blocked

Does that help?

I also need to correctly distinguish between your case and "i want
pacemaker to exit and leave the services running".