[Pacemaker] Question about master/slave resource promotion

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Sun Feb 26 04:39:40 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:08 AM, David Vossel <dvossel at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]

If a resource management feature had no bearing on the resources at
all, being just "internal" to the resource manager, what would be the
point of having the feature in the first place?

Any resource that you want to manage as part of a master/slave set
obviously has to support the promote and demote operations. Those that
don't (such as Dummy, for example) have no way of ever getting
promoted.

The following items in the documentation should provide additional insight:

http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/ch10s03s09.html
http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/dev-guides/_literal_promote_literal_action.html
http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/dev-guides/_literal_demote_literal_action.html

Cheers,