[Pacemaker] MySQL Master-Master replication with Corosync and Pacemaker

Mark Grennan mark at grennan.com
Thu Feb 9 18:04:50 EST 2012

Yves

I've been testing the Master-Master / Pacemaker / MHA failover with some good results.

Oddly, the one thing that is not happening is, if I just kill -9 mysql Pacemaker doesn't see it.

Pulling the network cable works good. This is a really the worst thing to do.  Pacemaker sees it and turns the slave into the master quickly!!! I waited two minutes let the "old master" get good and behind and plugged the cable back in. SPLIT BRAIN!  Pacemaker saw it very quickly and restarted mysql and brought the "old master" online as the new slave. After some time a checked the Tables with pt-table-checksum and all was good.  Just amazing.

Mark G.