[Pacemaker] [ANNOUNCE] The Booth Cluster Ticket Manager - part of multi-site support in pacemaker

Jiaju Zhang jjzhang at suse.de
Wed Feb 8 01:11:59 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 11:09 +0900, 李泰勲 wrote:
> Hi Jiaju
>
> I am testing about working of booth while investigating booth source code.
>
> I don't understand ticket grant and revoke process perfectly that is
> related to connecting each booth
> so I would like to know booth's working that would be matching your
> offering source code.
>
> Could you give me information about booth sequences that would be the
> ticket's grant,revoke,lease logic and working of ticket's expiry time.

General speaking, you would want to grant some ticket on certain site
initially, which means the corresponding resources can be run at that
site. For the lease logic, ticket granting means that site has the
ticket lease. The lease has an expiry time, after the expiry time, that
lease is expired and the corresponding resources can't be run at that
site any longer.
If the site which has the original ticket granting is alive, it will
renew the lease before the ticket expired, but if that site is broken,
when the lease is expired, the lease logic will go into election stage
and a new site will get the ticket lease, thus the resources will be
able to run at the new site.
You can revoke the ticket from the site as well, but in most cases, you
may not want to do this. The possible scenario I can think of is when
the admin wants to do some maintenance work, or wants to do the ticket
management manually.

> when do you think the booth's working is fixed and completed ?

Oh, I have not finished it yet;) But I'm still working on it, since I
also have some other tasks, maybe the progress is not fast these days;)

> Is there anything to help you about booth's implementation or etc?

The framework is finished, but there are still some bugs in it, so the
code may not work for you for the time being, I'll be more than happy if
anyone can help to fix bugs, or develop new features;)
For the short term, I think adding the man pages, documentation and some
automation test programs/scripts would be very good. For the long term,
I also have something new in my mind, maybe I should add a TODO to
document it later.

Well, the primary thing for now is to fix current bugs to make it really
working, and I myself will spend more time on it these two weeks;)

Thanks,
Jiaju