[Pacemaker] Convenience Groups - WAS Re: [Linux-HA] Unordered groups (was Re: Is 'resource_set' still experimental?)

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:03:01 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I'm currently working on a fairly large cluster with lots of resources
> related to attached hardware.  There are 59 of these things and 24 of those
> things and so on and each of them has its own resource to deal with the the
> "things".  They are not clones, and can't easily be made clones.
>
> I would like to be able to easily say "shut down all the resources that
> manage this kind of thing".    The solution that occurs to me most obviously
> is one you would likely call a "double abomination" ;-) - an unordered and
> un-colocated group.  It seems a safe assumption that this would not be a
> good path to pursue given your statements from last year...
>
> What would you suggest instead?

This is maybe not what you are looking for, but with the LCMC GUI you
can do this one easily. You can group resources together in the graph,
select them by drawing a rectangle around them and stop the whole
selections.

See the screenshot:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/lcmc/index.php?g2_itemId=49&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Rasto