[Pacemaker] Convenience Groups - WAS Re: [Linux-HA] Unordered groups (was Re: Is 'resource_set' still experimental?)

David Vossel dvossel at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 13:48:34 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

This might be a terrible idea, but this is the first thing that came to mind.

What if you made a Dummy resource as a sort of control switch for starting/stopping each "group" of resources that control a "thing".  The resource groups wouldn't actually be defined as resource groups, but instead would be defined by order constraints that force a set of resources to start or stop when the Dummy control resource starts/stops.

So, something like this...

Dummy resource D1
thing resource T1
thing resource T2

- If you start D1 then T1 and T2 can start.
- If you stop D1, then T1 and T2 have to stop.
- If you flip D1 back on, then T1 and T2 start again.
order set start (D1) then start (T1 and T2)

-- Vossel