[Pacemaker] Pacemaker and LDAP (389 Directory Service)

veghead sean at studyblue.com
Mon Jun 27 11:39:04 EDT 2011

veghead <sean at ...> writes:
> Pair of LDAP servers running 389 (formerly Fedora DS) in
> high availability using Pacemaker with a floating IP.
> In addition, 389 supports multi-master replication,
> where all changes on one node are automatically
> replicated on one or more other nodes.

I'm so close, but I'm still having issues. I'm running these on EC2 using an
ElasticIP as the "floating" ip. Unfortunately, I have found that requests for
the status of the ElasticIP occasionally fail for no apparent reason, even
thought he ElasticIP is actually working fine. Once they fail, that triggers a
failover and creates a mess.

What I'd like to do is:

* Run LDAP service on both nodes
* Ignore the status of the ElasticIP resource and only trigger a fail-over when
the LDAP service fails.

I feel like my config is close, but the cluster keeps wanting to stop the
resources.

Here's my current config:

---snip---
primitive elastic_ip lsb:elastic-ip \
        op monitor interval="0" timeout="300" on-fail="ignore"
requires="nothing"
primitive ldap lsb:dirsrv \
        op monitor interval="15s" on-fail="standby" requires="nothing"
clone ldap-clone ldap
colocation ldap-with-eip inf: elastic_ip ldap-clone
order ldap-after-eip inf: elastic_ip ldap-clone
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
        dc-version="1.0.11-1554a83db0d3c3e546cfd3aaff6af1184f79ee87" \
        cluster-infrastructure="Heartbeat" \
        stonith-enabled="false" \
        no-quorum-policy="ignore" \
        stop-all-resources="true"
rsc_defaults $id="rsc-options" \
        resource-stickiness="100"
---snip---

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?