[Pacemaker] Pacemaker+Corosync from OBS

Tim Serong tserong at novell.com
Thu Jun 23 01:58:24 EDT 2011

On 22/06/11 22:14, Ciro Iriarte wrote:
> 2011/6/21 Tim Serong<tserong at novell.com>:
>> On 22/06/11 08:57, Ciro Iriarte wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, I'm trying pacemaker from OBS and I don't see any init script for
>>> corosync or pacemaker, am I overlooking something obvious?
>>>
>>> Name        : pacemaker                    Relocations: (not relocatable)
>>> Version     : 1.1.5                             Vendor: openSUSE Build
>>> Service
>>> Release     : 1.1                           Build Date: Thu Apr 14
>>> 04:25:55 2011
>>>
>>> Name        : corosync                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
>>> Version     : 1.3.0                             Vendor: openSUSE Build
>>> Service
>>> Release     : 1.1                           Build Date: Thu Apr 14
>>> 04:08:04 2011
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>> Install openais as well - it includes /etc/init.d/openais which starts
>> corosync.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tim
>> --
>> Tim Serong<tserong at novell.com>
>> Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.
>>
> Thanks, I though corosync replaced openais... I was expecting a
> corosync init script :)

Understandable :)  The openais init script is a holdover from prior to
the corosync/openais split.  Keeping it made upgrading systems from
openais 0.8.x to corosync 1.x + openais 1.x a bit nicer, but we should
probably do something about an actual corosync init script.

> Also, I've read that it's better to start corosync and pacemaker
> independently, (service --->  ver:  1), that's not currently possible
> with OBS build then, am I right?

Correct, not yet possible (although, FWIW, AFAIK, the problems people
experienced with service ver: 0 generally didn't manifest on SUSE).

I believe adding support for service ver: 1 (MCP) is mostly a matter of
tweaking the spec file to include the init script and a couple of other
things, then test it.  See lines 196-198 at:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=pacemaker.spec&package=pacemaker&project=network%3Aha-clustering&srcmd5=a2aa81b9e6b8f3e4fcd7a5bbb6b25e8a

Patches (or, given it's OBS, submitreqs) gladly accepted :)

Regards,

Tim