[Pacemaker] Hostname issues

Dan Frincu df.cluster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:08:57 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Proskurin Kirill
<k.proskurin at corp.mail.ru>wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I have 4 nodes - all of them with two nic in two network. All of them have
> 2 DNS name - one for internal network and one for external.
>
> This host *must* have a hostname of external network(for other software to
> work). Corosync must works on internal nic.
>
> But it is ask for uname -n for node name and get external name.
>
> How to avoide this? I can`t change hostname to int one and can`t run
> corosync on ext network.

Corosync runs on the IP addresses that you configure in
/etc/corosync/corosync.conf.

Pacemaker requires unique hostnames (as they are retrieved via uname -n) to
function properly.

If they are "internal" or "external" it really doesn't matter for the
cluster stack, that's a human point of view, the machine has no real opinion
in this (e.g.: if you configure IP communication channels properly, then
corosync will use the internal network, but the hostnames will be set to the
"external" hostname as these two are unrelated).

Regards

--
Dan Frincu
CCNA, RHCE