[Pacemaker] Groups

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 21 09:48:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 07:27:29PM +0400, Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I`m new to pacemakers and have a small question.
> I want what my resource will be run on all nodes except some.
>
> For example we have 10 nodes: node1-10
> I want it running on node1-5 but not on node5-10.
> I can make a 5 "location" with -INFINITY: node5 ; -INFINITY: node6 and
> so on.
>
> But it is not the way I want to do this.
> It is possible to make some kind of group(not pacemaker "group") of
> nodes, resources and so on and just add -INFINITY: groupname?
>
> Or may be there is a option to just count it in a row like
> -INFINITY: node6, node7, node8 ?

This looks like an asymetric cluster (there's an option for
that, find it in the output of crm ra info pengine). In that
case you add positive location constraints for all nodes which
you want the resource to run on. You can specify several nodes
like this:

location ... 100: #uname eq node1 or #uname eq node2 ...

Thanks,

Dejan