[Pacemaker] failed actions: insufficient privileges

imnotpc imnotpc at rock3d.net
Sat Jun 11 16:43:54 EDT 2011

On Saturday, June 11, 2011 14:29:54 Alfredo Parisi wrote:
> If I start on mysql, in the /var/run/mysqld there is the .sock file...so I
> think that the path is correct

How are you starting mysql? I thought you said mysql couldn't write to that
directory and you had to create the file yourself to get mysql to work.

I can't give you any advice about cluster configuration since I'm a beginner
myself, but I know a bit about mysql and I think the problem here is you are
trying to create a mysql cluster configuration using 3 different sources: the
mysql site, the defaults in the pacemaker mysql script, and the distro
defaults. For some reason these all have very different default values for the
parameters you need, and the configuration you posted doesn't match any of
them.

A few thoughts:

Are you using the mysql installation that came with the distro, did you
install mysql yourself on each node, or did you install it on the drbd device?
Each of these will change the default values and the settings you need.

If you're using mysql from the distro, what distro are you using? Distros
based on openSUSE and Redhat use the pid and socket directories I listed
earlier. You can change them, but then you break all the mysql tools and
clients that came with the distro. If you're going to use the distro version
of mysql I don't know of a good reason to change the defaults.

According to the documentation you need to use the same my.cnf for all the
nodes and it must reside on the drbd. It should also have the same settings as
the default my.cnf on each node if possible since any other setting will break
the tools on that node.

My suggestion: Unless you need to compile your own mysqld, I would install the
distro version on each node and use the distro defaults for both my.cfn and
pacemaker.

Jeff