[Pacemaker] fencing

Shravan Mishra shravan.mishra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:54:36 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We are using idrac6 ipmi as stonith device on our 2 node cluster.
When one of the nodes power cords are being yanked out, both main and the
backup, the secondary node is not taking over as primary meaning the fencing
operation didn't happen successfully from secondary to the abruptly crashed
node and hence node_state for the original primary is in limbo.

But as soon as the power is turned on the crashed node  the other node
immediately takes over as primary which is an expected behavior.

So my question is - is it required that ipmi cards always have to have power
for the stonith action to work properly?

Thanks
Shravan