[Pacemaker] Timeout, interval & onfail questions

Proskurin Kirill k.proskurin at corp.mail.ru
Mon Jul 11 03:57:32 EDT 2011

On 07/10/2011 02:53 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
>> 2) I wish to my resources are *never* go to fail status. I found
>> on-fail="restart" option but it is not seems to work as I expected.
>>
>> So, for example, if some node under high LA and monitoring of
>> resource is fail - pacemaker will try to run "stop" action but
>> because of high LA it will timeout too and pacemaker decide what
>> resource is "unmanaged". How can I tune this behaviour? I wish
>> pacemaker not to give up and try again.
>
> Repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting the result to
> change is one of the clinical tests for irrational and insane behaviour.
> So pacemaker doesn't do that. ;-) "stop" isn't supposed to fail, we
> don't support retrying it, and will not.

:-)
Well - this is not quite true. Because env can change - eg LA is start
to go low. Well I think I will use some cron job for this.

> Fix it so that it doesn't fail; if it fails due to a too short timeout,
> make the timeout longer.

Sad thing - this host have huge LA time by time and we can`t fix that in
near future. Timeout not really helps here(3m by now)... well I don`t
really try to make it 10m or so.

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill