[Pacemaker] Timeout, interval & onfail questions

Proskurin Kirill k.proskurin at corp.mail.ru
Sat Jul 9 16:50:45 EDT 2011

Hello all!

I trying to understand all logic of pacemaker and have some questions.
1) There is an interval and timeout of monitoring of resource.
Situation:
Interval is 20s, timeout is 60s.

Monitoring action is started but node on load ant is it takes more than
20 sec to get the result - will second monitoring action start or
pacemaker understand what he allready have one?

2) I wish to my resources are *never* go to fail status. I found
on-fail="restart" option but it is not seems to work as I expected.

So, for example, if some node under high LA and monitoring of resource
is fail - pacemaker will try to run "stop" action but because of high LA
it will timeout too and pacemaker decide what resource is "unmanaged".
How can I tune this behaviour? I wish pacemaker not to give up and try
again.

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill