[Pacemaker] how to mount drive on SAN with pacemakerresourceagent?

Robert van Leeuwen vanleeuwen at stone-it.com
Sun Jan 9 04:52:33 EST 2011

-----Original message-----
To:	The Pacemaker cluster resource manager <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>;
From:	Brett Delle Grazie <brett.dellegrazie at gmail.com>
Sent:	Fri 07-01-2011 12:09
Subject:	Re: [Pacemaker] how to mount drive on SAN with pacemakerresourceagent?
> From memory you can use resource (SAN) fencing - that is you can
> terminate other nodes connection to the SAN via the SAN switch or the
> SAN controller itself.  This can be used as a primary fencing
> mechanism and will prevent data loss in the contexts you mention.

Yes, in theory that should be possible. (fence_brocade is a example of this)
Only problem: it also uses a TCP/IP connection to fence...
If that network is up you could also just add cluster communication over this network ;-)

So in my opinion it does not add much value over node-fencing...

Best Regards,
Robert van Leeuwen