[Pacemaker] Both nodes restart with external/ssh STONITH agent

Simon Jansen simon.jansen1 at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 5 03:47:36 EST 2011

Hi,

I configured the external/ssh STONITH agent on my testing cluster that is
based on virtual machines. This agent is just for testing purposes and will
be replaced by an hardwarebased one when the cluster goes into live
operation.
So to test the functionality I disconnected the cluster interconnect on one
node. After that both nodes are restarted by the stonith process. This ends
up in an endless loop of system restarts on both nodes till the cluster
interconnect comes up again.

I configured the agent as follows:
primitive resStonith stonith:external/ssh \
        params hostlist="node1 node2"

I tried to clone the resource but without success. The system acts in the
same way.

Is this the normal behaviour of the ssh agent or did I misconfigured the
agent?

Simon Jansen