[Pacemaker] Service failed to load 'pacemaker'

Graham Rawolle rawolleg at daintreesystems.com
Tue Dec 6 21:36:50 EST 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to run Corosync  and Pacemaker on openSUSE-11.4.

There are two machines, each with 2 network interfaces.

One interface on each is connected via a crossover cable on a private
network 192.168.100.0 and the other interface is connected via a switch to
our internal network 192.168.1.0.

Routing is set up so that 192.168.100.0/24 and multicast 224.0.0.0/4  is
directed to eth1 (the private network).

Question - Does anyone have Corosync/Pacemaker running reliably on openSUSE
in a production environment? If so, what versions or openSUSE, Corosunc and
Pacemaker are you running?

Initially I was running Corosync 1.3.0-3.1-x86_64 and Pacemaker
1.1.5-3.2-x86_64. I managed to get Pacemaker started and partly configured
but ran in to 100% CPU issues, apparently due to a bug in Corosync 1.3.0
which is fixed in version 1.3.2 or higher.

I have upgraded to Corosync 1.4.2-25.1 for openSUSE-11.4 from
build.opensuse.org, but now cannot get Pacemaker to start.

Question - Does Corosync 1.4.2 support configuring the Pacemaker service
with "ver:0"?

The openSUSE packaged versions of Pacemaker do not support configuring the
Pacemaker service with "ver:1" (pacemakerd and pacemaker startup script are
excluded).

Corosync seems to start and run fine. Both machines are seen and join the
membership.

I get the following message in /var/log/messages :

Dec 06 15:55:59 corosync [ SERV ] Service failed to load 'pacemaker'.

Dec 06 15:55:59 corosync [ SERV ] Service failed to load 'pacemaker'.

Note that it is repeated twice.

Question - How can I get more info on why Pacemaker failed to start?

I have the following versions installed:

openSUE 11.4-1.8-x86_64

Cluster-glue 1.07-9.1-x86_64

Corosync 1.4.2-25.1-x86_64

Pacemaker 1.1.5-3.2-x86_64

Openais 1.1.4-8.1-x86_64 (installed because Pacemaker requires it)

===================================

My /etc/corosync/corosync.conf file :

=============

# Please read the corosync.conf.5 manual page

compatibility: whitetank

totem {

                version: 2

                secauth: off