[Pacemaker] Mgmtd problem building on Debian Lenny

Yan Gao ygao at novell.com
Tue Mar 30 01:34:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 03/29/10 18:06, Robert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using the Madkiss repo for Debian Lenny.
> The management client seems to be missing though.
> I tried to build the package Pacemaker-Python-GUI-0f1490eaa8d8
> but it fails:
>
>> mgmt_crm.c:1307: warning: passing argument 9 of ‘delete_attr’ makes integer from pointer without a cast
>> mgmt_crm.c:1307: error: too many arguments to function ‘delete_attr’
>> mgmt_crm.c:1316: warning: passing argument 9 of ‘update_attr’ makes integer from pointer without a cast
>> mgmt_crm.c:1316: error: too many arguments to function ‘update_attr’
>
> Seems to be an issue with "too many arguments".
> If I remove one of the arguments  it on both lines it compiles ok and
> works. (I removed a "NUL"L argument since is there a few times in a
> row and may there was a miscount in the numbers of NULL's)
>
> Is this a problem in the code or am I doing something wrong with the
> compiling?
Neither:-)

pacemaker 1.1 and devel branches have some changes related to function
prototypes, pacemaker-mgmt did the corresponding changes.

If you are using pacemaker 1.0 series, you could either retrieve
pacemaker-mgmt-2.0.0 from:
http://hg.clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/pygui/archive/pacemaker-mgmt-2.0.0.tar.bz2
Or if you want to adopt the tip of the repo, you need to revert the change:
http://hg.clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/pygui/rev/4dc8cb63f29b

I guess you already did that.

> Building packages is not a daily business for me so here a list of what
> I did after downloading the package:
> autoreconf
> libtoolize
> automake --add-missing