[Pacemaker] DRBD Management Console 0.7.0

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Thu Mar 25 11:45:49 EDT 2010

On Thu, March 25, 2010 4:29 pm, martin.braun at icw.de wrote:
> Hi Rasto,
>

> I played around with the MC and it is really a promising integrative
> approach for managing a DRBD and Pacemaker Cluster. For now it is really
> nice for demonstration purposes like detaching the primary with failover.
>

> What I am missing is a resource cleanup (crm resource cleanup <resource
> name>), is this function in your release plan?

It is there. When you click on right click on a resource or in the
resource "Actions" menu. It is called either "Restart Failed (Clean up)"
or "Reset Fail-Count (Clean Up)". This works only if you have some
fail-count, or the resource failed completely.

If you want to clean-up the resource just so, there is more planed, see
this discussion:

http://www.mail-archive.com/drbd-mc@lists.linbit.com/msg00081.html

"Basically I am trying to hide things like "LRM" and "cleanup"
from the user. "cleanup" could be something like clear history, where
there would be also "show history". When a resource fails a user should be
able to quickly identify how to activate the resource, removing the error
messages. Cleanup and fail-counter are not very descriptive in this case.
Anyway I will give it still some more thought."

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc
: DRBD-MC http://www.drbd.org/mc/management-console/