[Pacemaker] DRBD Management Console 0.7.0

martin.braun at icw.de martin.braun at icw.de
Thu Mar 25 11:29:31 EDT 2010

Hi Rasto,

I played around with the MC and it is really a promising integrative
approach for managing a DRBD and Pacemaker Cluster. For now it is really
nice for demonstration purposes like detaching the primary with failover.

What I am missing is a resource cleanup (crm resource cleanup <resource
name>), is this function in your release plan?

Thx,
Martin

Rasto Levrinc <rasto.levrinc at linbit.com> wrote on 19.03.2010 11:07:39:

> [image removed]
>
> [Pacemaker] DRBD Management Console 0.7.0
>
> Rasto Levrinc
>
> to:
>
> drbd-mc, drbd-announce, pacemaker, linux-ha
>
> 19.03.2010 11:09
>
> Please respond to pacemaker
>
> Hi,
>
> This is the next DRBD-MC beta release 0.7.0. DRBD-MC, that is also a
> Pacemaker GUI, is a Java application that helps to configure
> DRBD/Pacemaker/Corosync/Heartbeat clusters. It is compatible with
Heartbeat
> 2.1.3 to the Pacemaker 1.0.8 with both available communication layers
and
> DRBD 8.
>
> In this release resource defaults were added. This is one of the missing

> features, that normal people would use, I think. You'll find it in next
> the global options if you cluster software supports it.
>
> The great new feature are the different operating modes and advanced/not

> advanced modes. Depending on the operating mode, the input fields and
menus
> are shown, hidden, enabled or disabled. For example an administrator
that
> does not configure the cluster, can quickly find what he needs, not to
worry
> removing or changing something he shouldn't. You can start the DRBD-MC
with
> maximum operating mode that is allowed for the user in the whole
application
> and change to the lesser modes on the fly. Of course it can be easily
> circumvented so this is not a security feature, but...
>
> Disabling and hiding of widgets, menus and whole panels should fit
nicely
> with the upcoming ACLs, as soon as they figure out how to do it.
>
> Till then, the new operating modes make the configuration and
administration
> of a the cluster much easier, faster and almost enjoyable.
>
> There are currently following "Operating Modes":
>
> Read-Only (cmd option --ro):
> read-only access is granted, you can view the cluster, add and remove
> clusters to and from your DRBD MC, but you cannot change anything on the

> cluster. This is somewhat equivalent to watching crm_mon, but way more
> informative. Additionally you can start VNC Viewer to work with Virtual
> Machines.
>
> Operator (--op):
> you can do the basic tasks like stop, start and migrate resources and
put
> nodes to and out of standby, but also resolve DRBD split-brains for
example.
> All configuration options are hidden. This is, what it seems, about the
> functionality that Hawk is going to have, but without operations on DRBD
and
> VMs.
>
> Administrator (--admin):
> this level of access can create, configure, reconfigure and destroy, as
well
> as operate the whole cluster, but many most of the options are hidden.
This