[Pacemaker] Help needed crm did not wirte the resources permanent

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Mon Mar 15 09:23:13 EDT 2010

Am Montag, 15. März 2010 14:11:58 schrieb Norbert Winkler:
> Hello my name is Norbert
> and i want to make a pacemaker cluster to use openiscsitarget with drbd
> for a vmware storage ( I have  3 luns a 2TB)
> i have synced the drbd luns and they seems to work well.
> My problem is with the pacemaker crm
>
> *I am using opensuse 11.2 with default kernel*
>   on both nodes and i am logged in as root
> I have also the user hacluster and the group haclient which i use to
> login into gui
> After  i fail to make a pacemaker cluster with opensuse 11.2
> repositories i try the repository from clusterlab:
> I am using:
> cluster-glue 1.0.3-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
> corosync 1.2.0-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
> heartbeat 3.0.2-2 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
> libcorosync 1.2.1-1 (x86-64) from clustrerlab-rep
> libglue2 1.0.3-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
> libopenais2 1.1.0-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
> libpacemaker3 1.0.7-4 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
> openais 1.1.0-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
> pacemaker 1.0.7-4 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
> resource-agents 1.0.1-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
> pacemaker-pygui 1.4.15-1 (x86_64) opensuse 11.2 repo (no gui available
> from clusterlab rep)
>
> At the first moment everything seems to work well
> login into console:
> Cluster have qourum green point
> vmstore1 (dc) online(dc)standby (with green point)
> vmstore2 online-standby with green point
> Resources with green point
>
> I also can chance status to  active for  both nodes.
>
> My problems occurs when i try to install a resource.
> At first with the gui:
> *The gui fails when i try to use  Resources to add primitive class ocf -
> only a kill -9 corosync and the a  new login into hb_gui  is possible
> after i try this .
> *

Please first try the crm subshell if the GUI does not work.

> THe configuration is standard. Resource defaults are empty and i tried
> stonith enabled and disabled.

Please set stonith-enabled="false"

> *When i let stonith enabled and i try to install a resource the
> commandline cibadmin (Ipaddr2) i tells me that it can not run this
> resource because  no stonith resource is configured. when i disable
> stonith it seems to insert the ressource into the crm because it shows
> me the complete config file with the resource added. BUt when i try
> crm_resource -L then the system tells me that  no resource added.
> I am using the script from the book Clusterbau: Hochverfügbarkeit mit
> pacemaker.. think the origninal english title should be: buliding
> cluster: with pacemaker.. I am using the newest edition of this book
> from Dr.Michael Schwartzkopff.*

Thanks ;-)

Any more descritpive error reports? output of crm_mon -1f?

> I dont know how to go on and i am a little bit frustradet because i
> thougt i was near the target and at the moment i feel miles away
> What i think possible problems are:
> 1. Maybe i have problems with the user rights because the
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat belongs to the user and group root
> wtih drwxr-xr-x

Unlikely.

> 2. Maybe the path to the heartbeat resources is wrong maybe corosync
> wants another path to the resources

Very Unlikely.

> 3. Maybe i had to configure resource defaults first but i dont know how.

Should work out of the box.

> 4. Maybe I must configure stonith resource firse but i dont know how.

set stonith-enabled="false"

> 5. MaybeThe crmadmin couldnt wright the rosource in database because i
> have a right problem

no.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42