[Pacemaker] Help needed crm did not wirte the resources permanent

Norbert Winkler norbert.winkler at karmel.at
Mon Mar 15 09:11:58 EDT 2010

Hello my name is Norbert
and i want to make a pacemaker cluster to use openiscsitarget with drbd
for a vmware storage ( I have  3 luns a 2TB)
i have synced the drbd luns and they seems to work well.
My problem is with the pacemaker crm

*I am using opensuse 11.2 with default kernel*
  on both nodes and i am logged in as root
I have also the user hacluster and the group haclient which i use to
login into gui
After  i fail to make a pacemaker cluster with opensuse 11.2
repositories i try the repository from clusterlab:
I am using:
cluster-glue 1.0.3-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
corosync 1.2.0-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
heartbeat 3.0.2-2 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
libcorosync 1.2.1-1 (x86-64) from clustrerlab-rep
libglue2 1.0.3-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
libopenais2 1.1.0-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
libpacemaker3 1.0.7-4 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
openais 1.1.0-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
pacemaker 1.0.7-4 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
resource-agents 1.0.1-1 (x86_64) from clusterlab-rep
pacemaker-pygui 1.4.15-1 (x86_64) opensuse 11.2 repo (no gui available
from clusterlab rep)

At the first moment everything seems to work well
login into console:
Cluster have qourum green point
vmstore1 (dc) online(dc)standby (with green point)
vmstore2 online-standby with green point
Resources with green point

I also can chance status to  active for  both nodes.

My problems occurs when i try to install a resource.
At first with the gui:
*The gui fails when i try to use  Resources to add primitive class ocf -
only a kill -9 corosync and the a  new login into hb_gui  is possible
after i try this .
*
THe configuration is standard. Resource defaults are empty and i tried
stonith enabled and disabled.

*When i let stonith enabled and i try to install a resource the
commandline cibadmin (Ipaddr2) i tells me that it can not run this
resource because  no stonith resource is configured. when i disable
stonith it seems to insert the ressource into the crm because it shows
me the complete config file with the resource added. BUt when i try
crm_resource -L then the system tells me that  no resource added.
I am using the script from the book Clusterbau: Hochverfügbarkeit mit
pacemaker.. think the origninal english title should be: buliding
cluster: with pacemaker.. I am using the newest edition of this book
from Dr.Michael Schwartzkopff.*

I dont know how to go on and i am a little bit frustradet because i
thougt i was near the target and at the moment i feel miles away
What i think possible problems are:
1. Maybe i have problems with the user rights because the
/usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/heartbeat belongs to the user and group root
wtih drwxr-xr-x
2. Maybe the path to the heartbeat resources is wrong maybe corosync
wants another path to the resources
3. Maybe i had to configure resource defaults first but i dont know how.
4. Maybe I must configure stonith resource firse but i dont know how.
5. MaybeThe crmadmin couldnt wright the rosource in database because i
have a right problem
6. I tryed to add the user root to the hacllient group and the user
hacluster to the root group but i have the same promblem with the fault
from the gui.

Can anyone tell me where are my mistakes

Thank you for reading this long post
Norbert